Vacation bottom

You got a suggestion ? Post it here. You can also comment on other people suggestions.
Crazy Escimo

Vacation bottom

Post by Crazy Escimo » Fri May 23, 2008 6:16 pm

:idea: thought it would be nice to have a vacation bottom since summer holidays are starting soon and there might be some people that cant be online for a longer period at the time.. so you dont get attacked during your vacation etc.. figuered it could be something like this 1: you can only set up the vacation mode with 1 weeks notice. 2: you cant recieve items thru courier system neither send (for gang people) after activating the vacation mode. 3: you cant buy or sell thru the player's market after activating the vacation mode. 4: you cant participate in a gang crime after acivating the vacation mode. 5: keeping your income so you can afford your mobster's wages? or a maximum (within the 60k limit) that correspond to there current fee's so you dont make a profit? or maybe just lock the job while on vacation mode? if you lose mobsters to bad you cant have everything for free :twisted:

p.s not leaving was just an idea I had

Gentleman

Re: Vacation bottom

Post by Gentleman » Fri May 23, 2008 6:18 pm

how do you work while yore on vacation ?
so no job income.others,yes...very good idea
everyone have their vacations sooner or later
this could be very useful

Chaos

Post by Chaos » Fri May 23, 2008 7:19 pm

If something like this was to be implemented I suggest the current job was kept. It should be less like a vacation and more like an absence from crimes to cool things off or something. The player would be protected from attacks since he is laying low and not taking part in any crime activity, his secondary stats would rise slightly each day (after all, without the night crimes he would be sleeping better, the cops and neighbors wouldn't suspect him...) except for morale that ought to be dropping each day (after all he is a thief, crimes are in his blood, it's like a drug to him). Apart from that it should be up to the thief to make sure that the salary from his current job is enough to pay his mobs and all his expenses or he could come back to find that he is in deep... trouble. :P

Another feature for vacation mode could be this: The salary of all your mobs could increase slightly, since they know there would be no work and thus no possible cut for them. What's more if there are mobs or even you with untrained skills, there could be an increase in these skills daily. After all, since they are doing nothing they can at least try to stay in shape.

To prevent vacation from being exploited from people that want protection there could be some prerequisites for it. In order to activate vacation mode you mustn't have used any of your turns and you are not able to deactivate it in less than 2-3 days. After it's deactivated there should be a limit of, say, a week before you can activate it again.
Helper... FROM BEYOOOND!!!

HateTheFake

Post by HateTheFake » Fri May 23, 2008 7:32 pm

it also cant be used in the last week of BM to stop people from robbing
(16:54:48) Antonis: that is what distinguish the best from the cheaters
^rofl (ironic)

Crazy Escimo

Post by Crazy Escimo » Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 pm

aye I like the idea of a 1 week before you can hit the bottom again. and maybe lets say like at least 2 weeks before the end you cant go on vacation mode .. 1 weeks its just not long enough I think

Chaos

Post by Chaos » Fri May 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Or perhaps you could, but when on vacation mode your power would be crippled, perhaps halved. In view of that, if you have no choice you could be in vacation mode during the last week of the set, but you wouldn't be able to use it as a shield in order not to be knocked out of the 1st place.
Helper... FROM BEYOOOND!!!

UWanker

Post by UWanker » Sat May 24, 2008 12:12 am

Oh common guys ... You are leaving for a few days so what. There are internet cafes and wireless access points , mobile internet, you name it. It makes no sense to take your house, your helicopter , your basketball team , your beloved bazooka and garfield together with you on your holiday. Do not forget your mom :lol:
If anything, going on vacation should make you easier to rob. Read the newspapers for crying out loud ....Crime goes up when people are away.
How lame can you get? Wanna be a hardcore BM player. DO NOT GO ON VACATION. Or you can get in touch with todays technology ... you know leave the stone age.....the possibilities are endless!!

Oh how you amuse me.

Love
UWanker(s)

Metus

Post by Metus » Sat May 24, 2008 2:35 am

UWanker, you are my new hero :D Well put, maestro.

Quit your bellyaching and just get with the BM program fellas!!
Internet is everywhere that is worth going. And if you have to go somewhere without internet for more than 24 hours, you deserve to miss your turns for being a simpering, spineless, wiener!!!

:ugeek:

Metus
Fear me. I come with the night.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » Sat May 24, 2008 12:46 pm

UWanker, you remind me of someone.
I like you.

You know sometimes though.. i just want to go on vacation to my Luxurious Palace at my Private island.. taking my Personal helicopter to fly there.. just to watch my Basketball Team play a game, all while stroking with my cat.

But you cant go on vacation when theere is $$$ to be acquired.
Never wanted anymore than what i deserve, better bring it, cause i'm taking it all!

Gentleman

Post by Gentleman » Sat May 24, 2008 12:50 pm

so you indirectly say you got these treasure items with you?