Let's Spice Things Up A Little

You got a suggestion ? Post it here. You can also comment on other people suggestions.
ogmix

Let's Spice Things Up A Little

Post by ogmix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Here's a few ideas to kick around for future sets.

I was talking with Rev recently and I ran an idea past him. The idea is a sort of BM thief draft, 2-3 gangs leaders voted on by current players via a forum poll that has 4-6 nominees to be leaders. Then 2 of the nominees are partnered up to work together. Something like this, in a 6 nominee example 1 and 6, 2 and 5 and 3 and 4 are paired up. Players can be randomly selected or a draft can occur. I think this will tighten up the competitive nature and there are several flaws but it's a place to start. I'd like your opinion and maybe we can just bounce ideas around and come up with something fun, new and interesting.

I know that this leaves little choice to the players on where they'd end up and what gang they play with, and another flaw would be specialty selection. Players would almost be forced to commit to a certain player type before all of this occurs so all leaders "drafting" players can choose their specific role players ie fighter, gorgammer ect. It's doable, but not probable. Rev is for it and stated that it would have to be player organized because he feels that it's important for the players to strengthen the community.

I've also thought about a quick running set. 30-50 days in length, randomized gangs with everyone starting at lvl 20 fully trained. I think a format like this can promote greater teamwork and strengthen the organizational side of the game since there will be little room for error, but again it strips players of having the ability to choose who they want to play the game with.

I guess what it really comes down to is do we want to be able to continue to play this game, and what are we willing to do as individuals and as a community to keep it going.

SbK_Silent

Re: Let's Spice Things Up A Little

Post by SbK_Silent » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:57 pm

+1 :ugeek:

SquidCat

Post by SquidCat » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm up for this. Solid idea to start. But we should really focus more on the training of new players and communicating actively with them. A better starting tutorial would be nice too.

playboy

Post by playboy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 am

well, these are very good ideas. will help a lot, since levelling up period is a very boring one, and most newbies quit during that time. most people SA recruit stay for one set, and then they are like, "wait, i have to go through the levelling part again?" and they are gone.
starting at level 20 is great, even if confusing a bit for new players. you know, since you are supposed to start as level 1.

if you start at level 1, with option of choosing all 3 specs, and attribute points, you would still have to level up to unlock stuff like cars, trucks, lockpicks, and other things.

sun

Post by sun » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm

we cannot really get rid of how complicated crimes became & we lost many players because of this,but this game was designed to be 5 to 15 minute a day play time if i remember you rightly rev? so along with Ogs suggestions here are some that should not require much tweaking.

get rid of training skills up it does it automatically as you go up 2 lvs

still start at lv 1 but give double exp so you can lv up quickly?

house/job levels up with you again making leveling up even faster,or change each to 1 turn ?

make hired mobs cheaper with good primary skills again to level up faster?

again get rid of robbing support,we had no problem robbing before they existed and fought more wars?

make the set 90 days & push the 90 day supporter pack from day 1?

make snitch tips for very easy/easy crimes free or dirt cheap and with complete info for the new players to do them easily?

Flammable

Post by Flammable » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Thor

I agree with sun! mainly the leveling up theory... i think for instance
Level 1 gives acces to First skill
Level 2 gives access to - Level 1 House, Level 1 Job, 50% First part of first skill
Level 4 gives access to - Level 2 House, Level 2 Job, 100% first part of first skill
Level 6 gives access to - Level 3 House, Level 3 Job, 50% second part of first skill
Level 8 gives access to - Level 4 House, Level 4 Job, 100% Second part of first skill

Level 10 gives access to - Level 5 House, Level 5 Job, Second SKill Unlocked
Level 12 gives access to - Level 6 House, Level 6 Job, 50% First part of Second skill
Level 14 gives access to - Level 7 House, Level 7 Job, 100% First part of Second skill
Level 16 gives access to - Level 8 House, Level 8 Job, 50% Second part of Second skill
Level 18 gives access to - Level 9 House, Level 9 Job, 100% Second part of Second skill
Level 20 gives access to - Level 10 House, Level 10 Job, Third Skill Unlocked!
Third skill training unlocked respectively

Would save new players turn (As well as old) and help them experiment with crimes, without losing stamina..
Perhaps leveling up could have cash rewards? for instance

Level 2 - "Well done! You're Booty Master Character has leveled up! Take this loot as a reward" $1,000
** This would invoke a desire to keep playing, level up more, to achieve these Gradually increasing bonuses! **
Level 3 - "You're getting the hang of this! Here, have another reward!" $2,000
Level 4 - $3,000
Level 5 - $5,000
missed a few
level 10 - $50,000 Milestone Reward item (Non tradable, un-robbable) Personal achievement unlock
Level 20 - "Well done! You have unlocked your final speciality! Choose it wisely! PLanning on celebrating? lets see how you like your new luxurious palace and promotion at work"

Ideas? Does that sound too... childish?

- Thor

sun

Post by sun » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

sounds o.k. and i like the rewards which could be posted on the initial help page where we are told how to do the first crime.
rewards maybe should be higher and new guys should know they can do the riot gang crime with a decent weapons mob & approximately what stats that mob should have.

a few sets back we set mafia rewards as...

300k for joining
500k lv 5
1mill lv10
2mill 1v15

we lost about 3-5 players between the lv's 10 to 15 maybe because of slower leveling
we lost more after 15 & only kept 2 at lv 20,both returned the next set,i like the idea of smaller leveling rewards more often a lot more,how much is up to rev,but make it attractive.
as for the other things i said before,i could have done that programming myself in no time back in computer prog classes,it was a long time ago,but the basics should be the the same.

playboy

Post by playboy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 pm

how about going a bit more smartphoney? i am not talking about interface. but elements that smartphone games usually have. acheivements. thats what i am talking about. they require short amount of programming and are quite engaging.

There are two types of gamers: Those who pick up a game and immediately think, "I will not quit until I have emerged victorious in this grand quest!" and those who think, "I will not quit until I find a glitch that will let me fill this fucking castle with watermelons."

i am second type. can you possibly make something that caters to us? ;) yeah. crazy, over-the-top achievements :D

Ducky

Post by Ducky » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:54 pm

playboy wrote:how about going a bit more smartphoney? i am not talking about interface. but elements that smartphone games usually have. acheivements. thats what i am talking about. they require short amount of programming and are quite engaging.

There are two types of gamers: Those who pick up a game and immediately think, "I will not quit until I have emerged victorious in this grand quest!" and those who think, "I will not quit until I find a glitch that will let me fill this fucking castle with watermelons."

i am second type. can you possibly make something that caters to us? ;) yeah. crazy, over-the-top achievements :D

adding to this smart phoney bit, make an app?

anyone know how to do this?

playboy

Post by playboy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:25 am

hehe, app is hardly something we need right now. i often use bm from phone. interface is quite usable.